Welcome to the authentic taste of Bavarian life.
Willkommen to Oktoberfest Brisbane 2014, nominated as one of the Top 10 Oktoberfests around the world. This year’s Oktoberfest will be the best one yet. Over two weekends in October, you’ll have the chance to: sample the absolute finest in German food, taste hand-crafted beers made from 200 year old recipes, enjoy traditional music and entertainment, learn more about Bavarian culture and history, and generally get in on plenty of fun for the whole family. We warmly invite you to share in one of the oldest and most loved festival traditions in the world, come and embrace your inner German.
Willkommen to Oktoberfest Brisbane.
Many people think that Oktoberfest Brisbane is run by a large
corporation. It is, in fact, run by the two Australian-German families
of Reimer Moeller and Boris Zoulek, their very dedicated and
understanding partners, friends and family. Between them they build,
design and organise every single aspect of a festival that today caters
to over 35,000 guests.
Being named one of the Top 10 Oktoberfests outside of Germany is a big honour not just for the organisers, but the city of Brisbane too. The cornerstone of this success can be summed up in one word: authenticity.
For two weekends in Oktober, the RNA is faithfully transformed into the bustling, warm, welcoming celebration that is Oktoberfest. If you were to stand in the middle of our little ‘village’ and drink in the sights and sounds and smells, to hear the laughter and camaraderie, you could easily be forgiven for imagining yourself 10,000 miles away.
- The central marketplace boasts a German Maypole centrepiece in Bavarian colours
- Wine barrels as bistro tables, surrounded by individual stalls
- Traditional wooden flooring, and ceiling wreaths and bunting that reflects exactly what you’d find in Munich
- Entertainment including traditional dancers, bell-ringers, and our renowned yodeller, Heidi
- The Biergarten conjures the traditional atmosphere with wooden tables and benches on the grass, grand old trees and fairy lights at night
- The sounds of a traditional Bavarian Oktoberfest Band flown all the way from Munich
- Entrants in the Miss Oktoberfest Competition are required to milk real ‘training’ udders (from, you guessed it, Germany)
- The Bavarian Strongman Competition demands entrants polish up on their ‘keg rolling’ skills
- Then there’s the sumptuous array of traditional German foods and Oktoberfest Brisbane’s very own specially brewed beers from one of Bavaria’s oldest and most revered breweries.
So book now and embrace your inner German.